Sunday, January 8, 2012

How do we punish uninsured motorist who cause an accident resulting in injury or death ?

I was struck on my motorcycle by an unisured motorist that ran a stop sign, breaking a total of 9 bones, I've had 4 operations and I still have 1 more to go. My bills have hit over $ 300,000 the woman that hit me got less than a $1000 in fines and is already driving again. I think it should be a $ 2000 dollar fine and they lose their auto to be sold at auction and drivers license for a year. The fine and money gained from the sale of their car should go into a fund to pay the victim's. Once they are hit with a fine and loss of their car and license maybe they will think twice about getting behind the wheel and not having insurance. Because let's face it, if you can't afford insurance you cant afford to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment