Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bedtime help with two children under two?

I have a 21 month old and an 11 week old baby and have to cope with bedtimes on my own as my husbands works away alot. Most of the time I cope really well but bedtime is a nightmare! After establishing a great bedtime with the 21 month old - he was fantastic at going to bed without any fuss (routine that never failed 9/10 with calm bath/ milk/ story etc) the baby now needs feeding/ calming at the same time as my toddler usually resulting in both very unhappy and me frazzled as a baby crying isn't the greatest bedtime for the 21 month old which happens if I feed him first or after - just wondering if anyone else has any advice on how they accomplished this? I've tried feeding whilst telling a story to my toddler in our bed and then transferring him to his cot but this was even more problematic. Both children want to sleep at 7pm and will quite happily be put to bed if there are two of us coping with two of them and will sleep all night with no problems till 7am - its just when I'm on my own at bedtimes- any advice???

No comments:

Post a Comment