Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Is there a bolt action .30-06 rifle in a long and heavy barrel??

I'm getting a rifle for target shooting, and thus I will be shooting a lot more than a hunter would be. I only want it in .30-06, and I looked around at savage and remington's heavy barrel rifles, but they aren't available in .30-06. Savage has the 12 series, and remington has some in the model 700s, but none are in .30-06. Also looked at the CZ 550 Varmint, that would have been perfect if it was in 30-06 because i prefer wood stock. The reason I need a long and heavy barrel is because I don't want the barrel to heat up too much, and I want weight to lower recoil. Seems like all the .30-06 guns are around 7ish lbs, when i'd like them to be around 9ish. Does anyone know of heavy barrel rifles in .30-06 (preferably wood stock)? Or should i just go with .308 and get the CZ 550 varmint, i heard some bad things about that one though. Thanks for suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment