Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Problem opening "My Computer " in Windows XP?

Every time I click on "My Computer" , whether it is from the Start Menu, my Desktop, or even trying to browse through it when opening a file in a program; every time I do it, an error screen pops up, saying " Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." It then gives me three options: Debug, Don't Send, or Send (meaning the error report). No matter what I do, after I click something, explorer.exe closes down and I am left with just my desktop picture. After a few seconds it recovers and pops back up, like nothing ever happened. I am at a loss as to what the cause of this is. Using My Computer is a necessity for me, and I would really appreciate it if you could help me get out of this jam. Thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment